Why serve milk in school settings?
- It includes saturated fat which is good for growing children.
- Milk provides calcium which helps to build strong bones and teeth.
- It provides vital vitamins, protein and riboflavin to support growth and aid the immune system and nervous system.
- It is one of the best drinks for hydration, supporting brain function, concentration, memory and creativity.
- It provides a great boost between breakfast and lunch, helping children to be ready to learn.
- Taking a break to have a drink of milk provides important time for children to socialise and learn skills such as manners and sharing.
Source: https://www.pre-school.org.uk/about-us/nutrition/940/milk-facts Donate Now! https://mydonate.bt.com/events/algmilk2013/95587